Wednesday, January 31, 2024

John 14:23 - God and Jesus Lives With Us

One has asked:
John 14:23-24 - Jesus answered him, "If a man loves me, he will keep my word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our home with him. [24] He who doesn't love me doesn't keep my words. The word which you hear isn't mine, but the Father's who sent me.
WHY WOULD JESUS AND THE FATHER COME TO US AND MAKE THEIR DWELLING WITH A BELIEVER AFTER THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL BE SENT TO BE WITH MANKIND TOO?

John 14:23-24 - Jesus answered him, "If a man loves me, he will keep my word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our home with him. [24] He who doesn't love me doesn't keep my words. The word which you hear isn't mine, but the Father's who sent me.

In the midst of all the temptations and trials that beset us in our earthly pilgrimage we may recognize the voice of our God, saying, 'Do not be afraid. I am your shield, and your exceeding great reward' (Genesis 15:1), " Don't you be afraid, for I am with you; don't be dismayed, for I am your God." (Isaiah 41:10), and he voice of His Son, saying: "Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of them" (Matthew 18:20), and "I am with you always, even to the end of the age." -- Mathew 28:20. 

Since we see no reason why both Jesus and his God would not reside with a child oF God through God's Holy Spirit, I am not quite sure what is being asked. Evidently, what is being imagined and assumed is that there is something in Jesus' words that has something to do with the added-on trinitarian philosophy, or otherwise that Jesus is God (Supreme Mighty One, Supreme Being). 

Actually, in harmony with John 14:1, Jesus was presenting only one person, his God and Father, as being the "one God of whom are all" (1 Corinthians 8:6). He says nothing at all to the effect that he is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, or that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is more than one person. Indeed, verse 24 shows that he disclaims being the source of his own words. Verse 23 is in perfect agreement with verse 24 and also 1 Corinthians 8:6 and Hebrews 1:1,2. Jesus is not the source, the Supreme Being, but rather the instrument that the Supreme Being uses. Both Jesus and his God and Father are with the child of God through God's Holy Spirit. -- Ephesians 3:16; 2 Timothy 1:14; 1 John 3:24.

If the oneness idea is being read into what Jesus said, one should remember that authority to use God's Holy Spirit was given to Jesus from his God and Father (John 15:26; Acts 2:33); Jesus is not that Holy Spirit for Jesus offered himself to his God "through the eternal spirit." (Ephesians 1:3; 5:2; Hebrews 9:14) Jesus is neither God's Holy Spirit nor is he "his God."

No comments:

Post a Comment